No issues on file for Judy Bannon.
No issues on file for John M Bishop.
- Affordability of Rates, especially given the increases over the last few years - don't spend what you don't have - of course within reason, especially for funded projects.
- Swimming Pool - retain the 50m pool - ensure it is compliant with Health & Safety. Cover it and then go to the Community in 3 - 5 years to see what they then want.
- Time for Change. 18 years, 12 years, 9 years - are these too long a time to spend on Council. It's time for new thinking, new energy, new independent councillors who are accountable to the community who voted them in.
- Council to control spending within limits. This is really hard, but it can be done. Don't spend money on consultants, especially those who have been contracted in to work on white elephant projects. Don't donate the money to a "good cause" unless you have the mandate from the people.
- Time to stop the "them / us" competition. Te Awamutu and Cambridge exist in the same District. Appoint the best people to the positions.
- I strongly support community focused health care, believing that affordable provision of services must be available within communities to enable people to maintain healthy and active lives.
- Keep rates affordable - exercising financial constraint as well as utilising resources to maximum potential.
- Cambridge Swimming Pool - without losing sight of the project we must revisit it, cut the cloth to suit to make sure we deliver an outcome that meets the majority of the community's needs.
- Expressway - this is the catalyst to address a number of issues in the town but particularly we need to make sure there is an attractive off-ramp to Cambridge, that bordering residential areas are well screened for both noise and glare, and that a proactive plan is put in place to promote Cambridge as a shopping destination and comfortable place for overnight accommodation and eateries.
- Future development - the new 10 year district plan should promote development for business, light industry and residential that brings continuing opportunities for economic growth and sustainability.
No issues on file for Brian Harding.
No issues on file for Keith Jones.
No issues on file for Sue Milner.
No issues on file for Errol Newlands.
No issues on file for Joe Scaramuzza.
No issues on file for Gordon J Stewart.
No issues on file for Barbara Taranaki.
- Sustainable long term plannning to prepare for an aging and growing population.
- Prioritised spending based on need.
- Preparation for the SH1 bypass
- An effective communiciation link between council and the community.
- Maintain town character.