Electing 3 Councillors
- The Council needs to be aware in its decision making that many sectors of the community are facing issues of rates affordability. At the same time, it needs to show positive leadership in these difficult financial times. Supporting the recovery of the local economy by continuing to invest in projects that will maintain and enhance core infrastructure, create employment opportunities and increase economic growth.
- Creating a sustainable future for present and future generations by protecting our high quality agricultural land from subdivision and urban sprawl. Our high quality land is the key to economic prosperity in our region, creating job and business oppotunities and a future for our young people.
- Address the increasing shortage of water in the region by supporting the building of the Lee Valley Augmentation Dam and the Coastal pipeline from Motueka to Mapua.
These projects will secure supply to Urban areas,contribute substanially to increased production on the Waimea Plains and protect and enhance the ecology of the Waimea River.
- Protecting our enviroment; including maintaining and enhancing the water quality of our rivers and streams, encouragement and support for the restoration of wetlands and protection of our sensitive ecological areas.
- Long term urban planning that allows more intensification and creates an attractive welcoming town centre, providing for people of all ages. More emphasis on pedestrian walkways and cycleways that link
the suburbs to the heart of the urban area. Planning that takes into account possible sea level rise on our coastal settlements.
No issues on file for John Hurley.
No issues on file for Timothy King.
No issues on file for Trevor Norriss.