Electing 7 Board Members
No issues on file for Katy Austin.
No issues on file for David Bassett.
No issues on file for Pat Brosnan.
- I Support sensible regional co-operation and regional government where this is effective. I am concerned at the rate at which rate payers regional funds are expended without accountability.
- I am still firmly opposed to moves to centralize Wellington Regional Health Services to the middle of one of the most earthquake threatened cities in New Zealand.
- I am anxious to improve recreation facilities in the area under our jurisdiction where these can be provided at a reasonable cost. Youth in particular are disadvantaged by the lack of all weather facilities.
- I believe that the environmental quality of our area is the envy of many other authorities and will seek to preserve the balance which has been achieved through residents and council
- I will continue to support Reserve, Library, Sports, Arts and Leisure development by long term planning, and as funds permit. I see it as vital to involve and inform the public in key discussions with early consultation on future projects.
- Protecting a strong and viable Hutt Hospital which provides core services to people of the Hutt Valley
- Supporting primary health services so that they deliver care where and when people in the Valley need it
- Supporting older people to be safe and well in their homes
- Promoting healthy eating and exercise which are critical to good health
- Promoting intersectoral collaboration so that everyone has a role to play in ensuring we have healthy individuals in healthy families in a healthy Hutt community
No issues on file for Nellie Gillies.
- Reg Council: Public Transport - getting the rail network upgrade completed. 96 brand new Matangi electric units, then decisions on whether to renovate or replace the 88 Ganz Marvags. Getting the bus network more efficient - especially by dedicated public transport spine through central Wellington. Rolling our Real Time Information at 250 displays around the region, plus a web and text service. Ensuring central govt funding is sufficient.
- Reg Council: Flood protection - completing the upgrade of the Boulcott section - the weakest link. Continuing our 30 year Hutt River Flood Management Programme - central city reach is next, and we must plan the works to fit in with a modernised and attractive upgrade of the Lower Hutt CBD.
- Reg Council: Water - do we build a $140 million dam at Whakatikei, or are there more ways we can hold demand so that huge expense can be held back or even be not needed at all? I think it's time we brought together our work on the "three waters" - storn water, drinking water, waste water - for a more efficient system throughout the region.
- DHB: Securing the future of our Hospital. With our can do spirit we built two clip on theatres to keep delivering for the comunity while our new build is completed. From next year we'll have a larger Emergency Dept and 6, then up to 8, brand new theatres. This will ensure Hutt Hospital can continue to serve this community with a full range of hospital services.
- DHB: Collaboration with our neighbours. It's clear we need to work smarter so the scarce health dollars are spent wisely. Stronger leadership by our clinicians - nurses, allied health, doctors - will be imperative and we're well placed with a strong history of good communication. Already we work very closely with Capital & Coast, and Wairarapa DHBs - this will be strengthened in future - and Hutt Valley DHB can take a lead in getting more health gain for our people as we work with our neighbours.
- Community and communication
- Holding sensible low rates
- Public Transport improvements
40 years train drivers wife - know rail well.
- Water where to from here
Water is NOT free
- Flood protection completion of the Hutt River stopbank is my major goal.
1960s the people didnt want a stopbank covering their view of the golf courses.
Recent 2004+ flooding of homes, community meetings showed the stopbank completion well over due.
We are about to connect KGB bridge to Melling bridge stopbank reach. Next phase is Melling to Ewan Bridges covering city centre protection.
This is my goal to see this completed.
No issues on file for Wayne Guppy.
No issues on file for Ken Laban.
- In the current economic climate there are likely to be budget cuts. I aim to make sure that our most vulnerable aren’t unfairly affected by the cuts.
- If elected I would like to see a strong focus on early interventions and the delivery of effective preventative measures.
- I will be supporting the ongoing delivery of community services, especially for the elderly.
- I will work towards maintaining the trust and confidence of the primary care providers, in particular, during the period of amalgamation of the PHO's.
- I would look for opportunities to acknowledge and promote the excellent work being performed by the Hutt Hospital's health professionals.
- Keeping rates affordable and among the lowest in New Zealand
- Investing on fixing, upgrading and building new infrastructure, including pipes, roads, stormwater and flood protection
- Having a mayor with a track record of encouraging councillors to work together to get the best results for our city
- Enhancing our city's reputation as New Zealand's most cycle mad city, including more cycleways
- Ensuring Hutt residents are not disadvantaged in any changes to the way the Wellington region is governed in the future
No issues on file for Malcolm Robson.
No issues on file for Adrian Sparrow.
No issues on file for John Terris.