- Is Graffiti driving you mad?
It's time for some by-laws with grunt to stop this problem
- Can the Eastern Ward shopping Centres still be improved?
I say yes they can.
What improvements can be made to the entire rail corridor and our stations and subways.
- I believe our city's heritage should be cared for and saved.
Let's have a policy that works for trees and development.
- Is our infrastructure being left to degrade.
How much is genuinely being spent on maintenance and replacement.
Let's get all our services underground.
- Can the Waiwhetu Stream be addressed over it's full length, not just the outfall.
Fair support funding for all sporting codes
No issues on file for Barbara Bialy.
No issues on file for Barbara Branch.
- Enhance our environment & retain our key assets
• Improve the upper reaches of
• Provide children with a safe environment
and provide environmental education
• Retain our libraries, our water and our
- Affordable rates
• Sensible spending to keeps rates down,
while maintaining our vital assets
• No business rebates on rates without
clear and measurable benefits to the
- Supporting local business
• Access to advice for businesses to save
resources and save money
• Upgrade broadband to retain competitive
- Sensible city planning
• Protect heritage building and trees
• Our children, elderly and disabled should
be safe walking our streets
• Integrated cycle tracks
- Encouraging strong communities
• Reduce number of pokie machines
• Address the graffiti problem
• Celebrate and respect ethnic diversity
- No water meters, no privatisation - protect river & residents
- Build council houses - create jobs, assets & affordable homes
- No GST on rates - a tax on a tax is robbery
- Council change, not climate change - a future for our kids
- Free public transport - it makes climate sense & serves the people
- "Safe Streets"
• Provide a safer environment for our communities, with less graffiti and vandalism.
• Advocate and ensure that our streets, footpaths, shopping centres and subways are to a safe standard.
• To provide support in order to strengthen and enhance the work of our community patrols, neighbourhood support and local Māori wardens.
- "Connecting Communities"
• To be an effective advocate in ensuring that the Eastern Ward gets its voice heard in Council
• The Eastern Ward has one of the most diverse communities in Lower Hutt; I will work to ensure that all of these voices are strengthened and heard.
• ‘’Connecting Communities’’ – to create bridges between communities so that they can gain the strength and knowledge to support and assist one another.
• To foster better engagement with young people allowing them to get involved, to participate and to contribute to our society.
- "Accessible to all"
• Guarantee that I will be an approachable and accessible elected member to the public I serve.
• To advocate for good urban design and an improvement in our infrastructure that will function well for our diverse communities - families, youth, elderly and the disabled.
• Ensure our diverse communities are aware of what council does for them and what is available for them.
- "Recreation, Rest and Relaxation"
• Enhance existing recreational facilities and promote their good use.
• Utilise our existing venues, resources and services to showcase local ‘grassroots’ talent.
• Encourage the promotion of Hutt City as a place of leisure: a place for families to have quality family time, and for communities to relax together, admire and make the most of what our city has to offer such as our Eastern hills and the Waiwhetu stream.
Council should be future-focused as I am part of this generation who will be living with the long-term consequences of these council decisions.
• Environment – sustainable solutions to water and waste; protecting our natural environment for future generations.
• Economy – supporting local businesses, while at the same time encouraging sustainable development which will foster a lively economy to provide employment opportunities for all of our residents.
• Social – to promote, cherish and protect our city’s heritage; to reach out and listen to the disenfranchised and marginalised members of our society and to act as a voice on their behalf in order for them to restore their faith and trust in our political system.
No issues on file for Roger Styles.
No issues on file for Nick Ursin.