No issues on file for Shaun Haraki.
- Restore our Waterways
For swimming, fishing, white-baiting, recreation, kaimoana, indigenous flora and fauna
Practical environmental restoration work
- Responsible With Your Rates Money
Supporting you, the community, not against you
Set targets with well defined outcomes and time-lines
Effective monitoring of our progress
- Listen to the community
Trusting our local and traditional knowledge about our waterways and the environment
No issues on file for Bill Shortt.
- Securing the next round of National cycleway funding. Wairoa has many attributes to support cycleway development in Northern Hawkes Bay and is well situated in terms of natural resources and economic need to get the job done.
- HBRC needs to find a lasting solution to the issues raised in relation to Council leasehold land. The opportunities are right now when lease terms are coming on line for renewal. Councils needs to get some fairness and equity into the equation for all residents in Hawkes Bay.
- HBRC needs to focus on creating growth and exploiting opportunities within the workings of the Port. A closer working relationship and understanding of the issues influencing both port directors and Councillors would be a good start.
- HBRC needs to create lasting and visionary policy around water in Hawkes Bay. Lead the charge in solutions for water allocation and quality while involving all on the journey. Water quality solutions need to be based on credible science and be partnered with solutions for allocation as there is cross purpose in some areas. All beneficiaries need to be involved.
- HBRC needs to focus on a revitalisation of Land Management within Hawkes Bay with an aim to getting this component of our work back on the front foot with our rural communities as well as create a better understanding of the issues with our urban ratepayers. Land management solutions go across many boundaries of Council work.