NZRD, BSc, BCAppSci, PGDipDiet, PGDBusAd (Health Management), MMedSci & MPH (student)
I am a committed and dedicated advocate for a clean, safe, violent free and friendly neighbourhood environment for our community. I am passionate about health, education, family values, identity, community development, establishing mentoring programme and career pathways for our young people.
I am a NZ Registered Dietician (NZRD) with over 15 years experience in the Pacific region, and South Auckland. I have worked with Pacific, Maori and migrant communities to improve the diabetic and obesity problems, to achieve better health and wellbeing. Older people's health and disabilities are also priority.
I am pragmatic in my approach to local issues, passionate about orientation programmes on key services to support new immigrants.
I am confident I can represent all the residents of Mangere−Otahuhu. I am committed with faith and will serve you to the best of my ability. Vote for me.
Top 5 Issues
- Environment and Safe Neighbourhood – enjoy a safe, clean and caring neigbourhood, get to know local people and work closely to build the best place in Auckland
- Education – available of early childhood centres, trainings and career development for youth and families. Promoting technical and apprenticeship trainings
- Health – access to appropriate and high quality healht care, improve health outcomes and promote total health and welbeing, preventing obesity epidemic, food insecurity, safe and affordable exercise facilities, regional park, swimming pools
- Employment – address the high unemployment rates, strategies for job oppourtunities, encouraging education and professional trainings, equipped our people for more employment choices and careers
- Family values and identidy – respecting our diversity, strengthen family values, culutral differences and promote working collaboratively in all levels, addressing local needs and hold accountablility to all stakeholders. Faith and core values of life
CARING, COMMITTED AND CAPABLE
Soana Muimuiheata, New Zealand Registered Dietitain with 17 years of experienced in Tonga and New Zealand. Pacific Dietitian for ProCare Health Limited, largest Primary Health Organisation (PHO) in Auckland. Soana provide one to one education session for enrolled patients at Mangere, Clendon, Manurewa, Papakura, Pukekohe and Marae-based clinic – Oraeroa, Mangatangi and Nga-Hau-E-Wha. She also provide nutriton education for ccommunity groups, churches, early childhood centres and schools
Soana brings local community experience and international levels of leadership with clinical expertise and experiences, working all levels. She has been a board member for the Obesity Action Coalition, secretary for Pacific Island Food and Nutrition Action Group, member of the Vahefonua Tongan Methodist Mission, promoting health, education and social welbeing of Tongans and Pacific in New Zeland
Soana is an honest, committed and down to earth young woman, who has work with different age and ethnicities. She has faith and always go out of her way to help people.
Please vote for Soana MUIMUIHEATA, independent candidates for Mangere and Otahuhu Local Board, she is committed to serve you to the best of her ability.
Authorised by Soana Muimuiheata of 222B Buckland Road, Mangere, Auckland
Results - Final
- Carrol Elliott
- Christine O'Brien
- Walter Togiamua
- Leau Peter Skelton
- Tafafuna'i Tasi Lauese
- Lydia Sosene
- Sylvia Taylor
- Ikilifi Lui Pope
- Ken Taylor
- Les Dixon
- Brian Pilkington
- Edward Saafi
- Soana Muimuiheata
- Tofilau Esther Lakisa
- Jugjeet Giarn
- Mohammad Tauqir Khan