Current Board Member.
Born, raised and currently resident in Onehunga. Trained secondary school teacher, and currently finishing Masters in Biosecurity.
I have been proud to serve as a member of a Community Board that has stood up for this area. If re-elected I will work hard to ensure our community retains its independent voice and identity in the super city. I will also continue to fight for rail to the airport and for real solutions to the traffic congestion in the area. As a younger person I am particularly aware of the importance of making the community more inclusive and engaging and for young people and young families.
Help me continue to be an effective representative for your community by also supporting Bridget and Brett in the Maungakiekie Team.
Top 5 Issues
- Making sure the people of Maungakiekie retain their identity, voice and independence in the new supercity
- Getting rail to the airport via Onehunga, and ensuring that the Onehunga branch line is well used
- Sorting out the issues of traffic congestion in the area with proper integrated planning
- Increasing the number and quality of local parks and sports fields
- Ensuring community groups, events and projects are funded in a way that gives them long term certainty
I have lived in Onehunga for most my 28 years. I am finishing a Masters of Science in Biology at the University of Auckland specialising in a group of plant diseases that are a threat to our native and commercial forests. I also lecture part time at AUT University in science education. I was previously a high school biology and science teacher.
Authorised by B M Graham of 542 Manukau Road, Auckland
Results - Final
- Simon Randall
- Bridget Graham
- Brett Clark
- Debbie Leaver
- Carl Power
- Roshni Golian
- Joseph Rebello
- Kane Te Waaka
- Walter Wi-Peri