I am nearing the end of my first term on the Community Board and have gathered a wealth of knowledge in the Local Government area. The foundations are there, I seek your support to allow me the opportunity to build on them. I will continue to lobby for a safer Gordon Road. I will continue to lobby for the new Aquatic Centre that the community as a whole, so desparately needs and deserves! I will continue to lobby for the promotion of Mosgiel and planning that allows for the growth of both residential and industrial areas. I will continue to support the many voluntary organizations that our community offers. I offer my enthusiasim, my commitment of time, my ability to listen and to make informed decisions.
Top 5 Issues
- New Aquatic Centre - I will continue to lobby for this! We not only need it, we deserve it! We have an active community in Mosgiel, all ages, all abilities and a facility that is open 12 months of the year isn't a luxury, its a necessity.
- Traffic and Safety issues in Gordon Road- Spaghetti junction at Gordon Road/Gladstone Road, too hard to get out of Mosgiel and then too hard to get back into Mosgiel.This has to be addressed and wont be an easy fix! Transit NZ and DCC need to work together for the best outcome.
- Heavy Traffic through Gordon Road.This has gone on for too long and needs to be addressed once and for all. A decision needs to be made and I will continue to lobby for the safest option
- Planning for a better future for Mosgiel residents and businesses - We need DCC on board for planning and allowing for sustainable growth to our area. Recreational areas for cycling/walking, enhance the waterways around our area for a healthy community.
- Promotion of Mosgiel and celebration of living on the Taieri - Continue to celebrate with Festival of the Plains, getting bigger and brighter every year, get everyone on board!
I’m Sandra Wilson and I am 45 years old, married to Jeff and I have four children ranging in ages from 23 to 10. I’m proud to have been born and bred in Mosgiel. I currently work at the Mosgiel Abilities Resource Centre, here in Mosgiel. In my spare time I’m a Volunteer Ambulance Officer and also Secretary of the St John Taieri Area Committee. I am coming to the end of my first term on the Community Board and during this time I have been involved in many projects, including the annual Festival of the Plains Celebration of which I am Treasurer of the Festival Committee. I seek re-election to the Community Board to continue my role of supporting both residents and organizations in Mosgiel/Taieri with their projects and objectives, and the Community as a whole with the new Pool/Aquatic Centre that we so desperately need!
Authorised by Sandra Wilson of 192 Riccarton Road West, Mosgiel
Results - Final
- Barry Barbour
- Teresa Christie
- Martin Dillon
- Bill Feather
- Sandra Wilson
- Brian Miller
- Pam Mason