If we are to make our region succeed, we can only achieve this through careful investment in our community’s future on projects that make a difference to our community in the long-term.
Having lived in the Mt Roskill community for 22 years and with my wife raising our daughter here, I understand what it means to be part of our diverse and growing suburb of Mt Roksill. As an immigrant I value the need for leaders to be in touch with their people in order to be effective representatives for their community. I can be your representative.
A strong background in the commercial sector, I bring to you a range of skills that will lead to positive outcomes for our community under a new Auckland.
Putting community first, keeping rates affordable, investing in public transport, and empowering local communities to make decisions on matters that affect them directly is what motivates me to represent you.
We need leaders that can work hard to make Auckland City attractive for all people to work and live, to raise families and nurture their futures.
By working together and we can ensure that our local board positions itself as an effective partner in making Mt Roskill a safe and vibrant community for all walks of life.
I will join hands with the community to keep youth away from crime, and assist them in getting into productive roles.
I would remain accessible to members of the Roskill community and support every initiative that is beneficial to the people.
I understand immigrant issues from both sides of the fence. I see myself as a New Zealander first, and while preserving my cultural heritage, I would encourage greater understanding between people, making the best of all opportunities to grow Auckland positively.
The fabulous Puketapapa C&R team presents the right opportunity to achieve these objectives. We are a diverse team of well rounded citizens, who offer you representation that can things done.
With your vote we can realise this vision in a new Auckland.
I will be even more effective if you support the total CITIZENS & RATEPAYERS team in the Eden-Albert-Roskill Ward.
I support our great Council Candidates: Christine FLETCHER and Paul GOLDSMITH
I am standing for election and supporting our awesome team for the Puketepapa (Mt Roskill) Local Board:
- Richard BARTER
- Peter MUYS
- Ella KUMAR
- Feleti KEY
- Nigel TURNBULL
- Ram RAI
Top 5 Issues
- Effective and Accountable Governance - this means holding local leaders to acocunt in a such a vital period of change to a new Auckland for this community and our region.
- An affordable city, with lowest possible rates, that attracts young old to live and nurture their futures. We want to make our community an even more exciting place to live.
- A region that has respect for local identity. This will be ahcived by having local board members investing on prjects that are guided by this fundamental value of maintaing what makes our local areas special and unique.
- Tranport, Paths and Roading - these are essential to making our region, our community and our people mobile and flexible and living space livable!
- Safety is essential to having a healthy community. We must work across the diverse sections of our local communities and regions to combat the harsh effects of crime and substance abuse.
Authorised by Ram Rai of PO Box 163-078, Lynfield, Auckland 1443
Results - Final
- Michael Wood
- Nigel Turnbull
- Julie Fairey
- Richard Barter
- Peter Muys
- Ella Kumar
- Joel Fotu
- Garth Houltham
- Brenda Simmons Vui Talitu
- Feleti Key
- Ram Rai
- Lingappa Kalburgi
- Robert Goh
- Hari Shankar