I have lived in Point Chevalier with my wife and two children for many years and have served the community for over ten years as a community organiser, church minister, advocate and counsellor. I believe that the super city can work if you elect strong local board members who will give you a voice. I will listen to your concerns and work hard to deliver the results you want − like making our neighbourhoods safer places for families, creating vibrant local shopping centres and making sure our local community facilities cater to the needs of our children and young people. I will be a strong voice for those residents affected by the SH20. I am an experienced chairperson and have chaired many local boards and trusts. Vote for someone who will listen and provide strong, effective leadership. For our Owairaka subdivision we are going to need a strong and experienced team who can bring our communities together and who will be your voice in the new council. We will listen to you and are determined to get the real work done.
VOTE FOR ME AND THE WHOLE CITY VISION TEAM, for a local team that will work hard for you.
Top 5 Issues
- Safer Communities:
-better lighting around our parks, reserves,
schools, train stations, bus stops and streets.
-grafitti free neighbourhoods.
- Better Access To Public Facilities:
-better parking space around shopping
centres, restaurants and sports fields.
-new indoor sporting venue/facilities that
cater for the needs of our children, young
people and adults.
- Transport Solutions:
-Good public transport system will be the key.
-slowing traffic in our residential streets.
- Protection Of Our Heritage:
-We have a rich heritage which is part of our
Kiwi identity. It is important to protect our
landmarks and other heritage sites.
- Public Control Of Our Assets:
-Stop the sale of any public assets belonging
to the people.
- currently lead a very popular Mainly Music programme for preschoolers in the inner city (since 2003).
- currently working with the Pacific Performing Arts students from Unitech (Mt Albert) on a new stage production set for 2011.
- Founder of Hope City Youth Outreach which offers free activites for youth and young adults in our community each Friday.
- continue to work within the context of the church and have organised numerous community events over the years.
- strength in bringing people together from the different ethnic and cultural groups, as well as other faith communities.
- Continue to offer pastoral care and counselling to the wider community.
Experience In Governance:
- current Convener of the CBD and Albert- Eden region of churches which comprises of 16 churches and its leaders.
- chaired and moderated numerous Trusts and Boards within the wider community (over 10yrs experience)
- current Treasurer and an Executive member of the Auckland Pacific Sector Council.
- served on the PTA for our local school in Pt Chevalier.
- served as a member of the Caughey Preston Trust.
- BA(Political Science) and BTheol, (Otago University, NZ)
- Council For World Mission Scholarship (2002)
- World Federation of Religion Peace Award (2007)
- Playing sports, coaching hockey, writing, spending time with my family.
Thank you for supporting our City Vision team. Obed Unasa: Ph:(09) 845 6604 email@example.com
Authorised by Robert Gallagher of 15 Torrance St, Auckland
Results - Final
- Graeme Easte
- Margi Watson
- Helga Arlington
- Pauline Anderson
- Murray Dorreen
- Obed Unasa
- Gary Carter
- Sarah Turner
- Cameron Morris
- Claudette Hauiti
- Norma De Langen
- Rajiv Sood