I am standing for Burwood-Pegasus Ward Councilor because our side of town has been left behind and we have been under represented. Progress is lacking. In these hard economic times we need strong leadership and representation. We need prudent investment in our services and facilities.
Far too often councilors have focused their time and effort on their pet projects and failed to pay attention to our needs. Projects must reflect individual needs specific to each community in our area.
I want to be and feel safe in our community and I want clean and well maintained facilities.
Opportunity for positive gain in our community is here, I can make it happen.
I am proud to live in our community.
Vote Adair and I will get us a fair go.
Top 5 Issues
- The people know what is needed in their community, public voice is essential in decision making. Public submissions are very low per capita in Christchurch, this shows the councils inability to engage with the community.
- We need to protect our water supply. It is OUR greatest asset and it is under threat. We need to act as a community and we need to use our voice to tell the government how important an issue this is for us. We need unbiased scientific data free from media or political opinion so we can act to preserve our water supply and rivers. I want it to be there in the future.
- Safety is paramount, that our shopping centres, footpaths, parks and beaches are without hazard, clean and well maintained.
- Prudent investment in our services and amenities. There is a need to encourage foot traffic to our local shopping centres so we can revitalize the hearts of our communities and return the buzz we used to have when local shopping was a pleasure.
- Good general stewardship of our assets, incomes and expenses Christchurch’s ability to achieve fair rates is dependent upon low debt levels, and avoiding reckless spending. We also need to invest in our future wellbeing; we should not trade-off long term needs for short term gains.
I am 30 years old and have lived, worked and studied in Christchurch for most of my life. I spent my childhood enjoying our wonderful rivers, beaches, estuary and reserves. Cooking for and fishing with, my family and friends is one of my chief interests. I enjoy problem solving, current affairs and reading. I have spent time traveling, living and working overseas. I have proven myself to be honest reliable and hard working.
Authorised by Kris Adair of 5 McLean St Christchurch 8062
Results - Final
- Chrissie Williams
- Glenn Livingstone
- David East
- Glenda Burt
- Stan Tawa
- Rik Tindall
- Heather Carter
- Mark Ross
- Sam Park
- Vanessa Roberts
- Mitchell Adair