Nine years a Regional Councillor, has intensified my passion to continue improving our Environment.Allowing Sustainable Development,Farming and Business operations.Cleaner Waterways,Harbours, Oceans, has always been my Goal As well as continuing our River Protection Programmes, Edgecume Township Protection from floodingSupporting Aquaculture and Kiwifruit development. For 10 years Horticulture and travel engrossed me. Working in England, Ireland, IsraeI, Netherlands, Australia. 29 years a Naturopath/Osteotherapist. I Chair the Regulations Monitoring and Operations committee.Deputy Chair EasternBay Road Safety,Whakatane Kiwi Trust.Sit on Ballance Farm Environment Awards Management. Animal Health Board.Ohiwa Harbour Implementation Committees. Interest are,Daily Walking the Beach,Bush Swimming,Kayacking, Sailing, Cycling, Planting trees especially Kawerau. I fervently opposed the Headquarters Shift. Initiated the Ohiwa Management Strategy.Involved with Onekawa land purchase. Your vote will allow me to continue my pursuit of a better environment for the Bay Of Plenty.
Top 5 Issues
- To continue with the protection of the Edgecumbe township and ongoing river scheme projects.
- To continue with the Ohiwa Harbour strategy seeing that we implement the proposals in this plan.Helping to facilitate the communities views and wants if possible.
- Working on the improvment of all our Waterways for a cleaner environment so that present and future generations will benefit.We have such a unique region which needs careful care and development.
- Continuing with the Ballance Enviroment farm awards which I see as the future for farming in a sustainable manner.Working with all landowners to enable those who wish to make a living from a sustaimable environment.
- Continuing with the many Enviroment programmes that allows landowners and communities to work together planting more trees and preserving the environment.Our Environment Enhancemant Programes and the Enviro Schools are brilliant programmes that involves are large number of our community.
I personally love to Walk the beautiful Ohope beach.As well as Tauranga or any of the beaches in the Bay.I recently with my lady went around the coast stopping at Te Kaha,Waihau Bay and Lottin Point.Stunning vistas of this incredible coastline.I swimm several time in the summer.Go fishing and kayacking on the ocean and harbour.Mountainbike around the roads and some hills.Go wailking in the bush and sometimes into Whakatane via th Kohi Point track.I have been involved with the Whakatane kiwi Trust which now has well over 100 kiwi in the reserves.My interest are in gardening organically.I did work in horticulture for over ten years Growing tomatoes in England Picking fruit and grafting fruit trees in Israel.Harvesting bulbs in Holland.Travelled overland down the eastern side of Africa,from Egypt to Durban caught a boat to Perth and worked in a pellet plant in Dampier.Went to Darwin and ran a nursery before returning to nz.Lived on the East coast for three years growing Bio-Dynamic food keeping bees before going to Auckland to study Naturopathy/Osteotherapy.Moved to Ohope four years later and set up a practise.I have been a councillor for nine years and see that being involved in the improvement of our environment as no different to looking after the health of people.I am also a herbalist and frequently gather herbs from the bush to use.
Authorised by Malcolm W Whitaker of 69 Harbour Road OHOPE BOP