Shifting our district forward requires good long term planning.
I live in the Western Ward and will:
- Make Council an enabler
- Seek equitable ‘district wide’ investment into infrastructure
- Improve planning and consent processes
Planning seeks out where opportunities lie and provides a program to get there.
Currently Council is caught in the grip of responding to the squeaky wheel. The existing regime of unbalanced investment into infrastructure is driving population trends into area’s that are unprepared for the stress. Inadequate sewerage, water and roads continue to control Councils decision making.
Tough decisions that may not be popular need to be made. This is about providing opportunities for all.
Good planning is urgent.
The Western Ward matters too and we all deserve a real choice on where to live and do business!
Keep up to date with my election campaign at http://votelesking.blogspot.com
Vote Les King – your District Councillor for Kaikohe/Hokianga!
Top 5 Issues
- To protect council’s income with straight forward methodology on how it is gathered looking at development charges, rural sewerage rates, free use of public halls, & a revamp of animal control.
- Increased involvement with multiple land ownership blocks to find some resolution.
- Change the current water policy to large holding dams that do not rely on rivers and aquifers which are dry in a drought.
- Much more influence at a Regional level on roading.
- Good strategic plans to reduce deprivation.
- Les King
- Raised within a large family on a farm in Omanaia, Hokianga I have lived and done business here in the Western Ward for more than 40years. I am married to Poppet King and have 4 children Nichola Tarapa, Quinton King, Dallas Williams & Leela Hauraki and have 6 grandchildren.
- Over the years I have contributed to many industry and community organisations and have observed changing councils and the flow on effects within our communities and businesses in the Kaikohe/Hokianga Subdivision and District Wide. I am passionate about moving our district forward and will always listen to to the evidence and take a common sense approach.
- I look forward to making significant changes to the 'mindset' of our Council. The existing decision making process is 'reactionary' and shows the lack of foresight and planning needed to move our District forward. We need a practical and forward thinking approach and we need it now!
- Vote Les King Councillor for the Western Ward!
Authorised by Dallas Williams of 1185 State Highway 12, RD3, KAIKOHE
Results - Final
- Tracy Dalton
- Sally Macauley
- Les King
- Phil Marsh
- John Schollum
- Frank Duxfield