Having lived in Levin all my life, working and raising my three sons here gives me good insight into what the local issues are.
Employed as a Business Development Manager, I understand the economic and local business issues and how important it is to attract new business and industry to the Horowhenua.
As a senior councillor, I have experience in serving on the Hearings committee and numerous other council and community committees.
I have a strong community focus and are aware of the importance of being able to balance the future needs of the district with the ratepayers ability to pay.
I enjoy organizing Community Events and have strong family values.
I believe that the key ingredients to creating a healthy and thriving Levin, you need a visionary plan, strong community pride and spirit, a robust local economy, sound and affordable infrastructure and good management of our environment.
Top 5 Issues
- Core Services - Infrastructural improvements to our wWater and waste water.
- Economic development - virbrant and thriving local business community is vitally important as well as a business attraction programme for the District.
- Expressway - Opportunities and challenges
- Completing projects that have been started but have stalled for variious reasons - the Levin Community Centre needs to be progressed to fruition.
- Affordibility. It is import that we keep investigating alternative revenue sources and opportunities for the District other than relying on and being constrained by our communitys limited ability to pay.
You are welcome to check out my blog by going to http://leighgriffenmcmeeken.blogspot.com/
Authorised by Leigh McMeeken of 22 Weraroa Road, Levin
Results - Final
- Barry Judd
- Victoria Kaye-Simmons
- Garry Good
- Leigh Griffen-McMeeken
- Tony Rush
- Kathy Spiers
- Paul Pearce
- Doug Mercer
- David Green
- Graeme Galley
- Malcolm King
- Tyler Moyes