Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000195 EndHTML:0000006866 StartFragment:0000003223 EndFragment:0000006830 SourceURL:file://localhost/Users/kevinbell/Documents/Candidate%20Profile%20Statement.doc
- Born and bred in Northland
- Educated at Kauri School and WBHS
- Trained as a veterinarian at Massey and Sydney Universities
- Vet for over 40 years. Apart from first few years, Kevin has worked in Northland both in practice and with MAF/NZ Food Safety Authority
- He has an awareness of the vital need for environmental protection; recent moves by District Councils towards a unitary council should be strongly resisted, as the key features of the NRC would become marginalised.
- As a vet he has worked alongside a wide range of people. He has a deep love and respect for the North.
- He feels he has the necessary skill set to be an effective councillor having worked for a regulatory body as the NZFSA.
The performance of the NRC needs to improve; not through higher rates, but through judicious, well focused use of public money
Top 5 Issues
- It’s time for the Northland Regional Council to get serious about the environment!
The NRC’s monitoring capability is excellent. But this capability is not being used effectively. Breaches of environmental protection regulations are being detected but there is no follow through in enforcement. It is time for real political will and leadership here. On taking office I would immediately request an audit of this area and take action to ensure our environment is protected.
- It’s time for the Northland Regional Council and the Whangarei District Council to work together!
Northland is a small area, often forgotten by central government. All branches of local government need to unite together, to put aside petty squabbles and stand together for the people of the North. Being a new entrant to politics I would come to office without preconceived ideas, not get caught up over personalities and work with all individuals for the common good.
- Targeted rates should be used with discretion.
I am fully supportive of the efforts to fund raise three million dollars for a oncology unit at Whangarei Hospital but not by the Northland Regional Council. I do not support a targeted rate to do this.
- It’s time for a change! It’s time to vote Kevin Bell for the Northland Regional Council.
I am proud to be a Northlander. My great grandfather was one of the first settlers at Kauri and the Bell family farmed the land he cleared for 4
generations. I went to Kauri School then to Whangarei Boys High School and University of Sydney. I worked as a vet in Northland for 30 years.
I have reached a point in my life where I want to give back to the community I love.I am married to Barbara and we have 3 children all currently living in Sydney
Authorised by Kevin Bell of R D 1, Kamo 0185
Results - Final
- Tony Davies-Colley
- Bill Rossiter
- John Bain
- Craig Brown
- Peter Jensen
- Ann Shaw
- Ajit Balasingham
- Paul Gosling
- Daniel Bolton
- Andy Britton
- Mike Kake
- Kevin Bell
- Jeff Griggs
- Talia Mana
- Rangi Tawhiao
- Toa Makoni Luka