Married with three children, Kate has lived in the suburb of Orakei for 30 years. Prior to that she lived in Remuera, the third generation of her family to do so. Kate was elected to the Eastern Bays Community Board in 2007. She has been involved in many projects in the area and is the youth spokesperson for the Board.
Kate brings local body experience and a wealth of local knowledge to the Orakei ward. She has been involved in community activities over many years across the ward, particularly those involved with young people. Kate is a long-serving volunteer of Dress for Success and a member of Innes House Trust Board, Diocesan School.
Kate is keen to continue the work done to improve Tamaki Drive for all and monitoring the Orakei Point Development.
Please vote for Doug Armstrong for Council and all our local Citizens and Ratepayers Orakei Board candidates.
Top 5 Issues
- Keep rates affordable and maximise ratepayer benefit in the Orakei Ward
- Improve transport around the Ward and into the city
- Enhance the Orakei Basin, and our community sports fields
- Keep our beaches well maintained and continue to develop our parks
- Work with our local businesses to enhance our town centres
Authorised by J.somerford of 48A Macfarland Street, Meadowbank, Auckland
Results - Final
- Desley Simpson
- Kate Cooke
- Ken Baguley
- Colin Davis
- Mark Thomas
- Kit Parkinson
- Troy Churton
- Mark Sinclair
- Priscilla Steel
- David Wong
- John Wardle
- Thomas Bretherton
- Peter McKenzie
- John Cook