The communities we live in are the building blocks making up Auckland City. We need to have strong, well supported communities with people of integrity that know and understand our local needs. Without this, the blocks tumble and so does the city. I have lived in Mt Eden for 18 years and am marriedwith two children. I have been active in the local area with involvements in my children's schools and local community groups. I am a chartered accountant with over 25 years experience in a variety of industries including manufacturing, finance and charities. I will work hard to make things happen. I want to see; cleaner and safer neighbourhoods, public transport that meets the needs of the public, costs controlled and party politics eliminated from decision making. If you want to Make Where We Live Count, vote Focus Local. For more detailed plans visit www.focuslocal.org.nz
Top 5 Issues
- Greater consultation, particularly in the early stages of planning to allow communities greater and more meaningful input. Coupled with this I want to see greater transparency in decision making and in the process undertaken to arrive at decisions.
- Cleaner and safer neighbourhoods. Like many others I have been the victim of crime so security is a major concern to me. I want to see more done to make our streets safer, particularly for our children and elderly people.
- Ensure costs are controlled. Rates need to be affordable and spending decisions need to be sensible, appropriate and provide real value for the community.
- Improved public transport. Effective public transport is essential in our city but it is important to ensure it meets the needs of the public.
- Protect and enhance our communities by addressing issues which currently allow the destruction of our residential and business communities and provide greater protection for our parks, beaches, volcanic cones and urban waterways and reserves.
I am standing as a candidate for the Albert-Eden Local board because I am concerned about the potential for the needs of local communities to be overlooked or not given the necessary emphasis under the new Auckland Super City. We need to have strong, well supported communities with people of integrity that know and understand our local needs. I am committed to ensuring that local communities have their say and are listened to.
I am a chartered accountant with over 25 years experience in a variety of industries including manufacturing, finance and charities. I have lived in the Mt Eden/Kingsland area for 18 years and am married with two school aged children. I have been active in the local area with involvements in my children’s schools and a number of local community groups. Over the last 10 years I have worked part-time and on temporary contracts in order to achieve a manageable balance between family, work and community interests.
My family and I enjoy our community and are committed to this area. We care passionately about this place. I want to make our community a better place to live and will work hard to achieve this.
I have the experience, skills, integrity, drive and motivation to make the right things happen for our community.
The Focus Local team is a diverse group of people with a wide range of skills and experience. The Focus Local people are dedicated family people. They know and understand the concerns of raising a family, having a nice place to live and wanting to keep our families safe. Get these things right and we are all happy.
Authorised by Mark Donnelly of 13 Walters Road, Kingsland, Auckland
Results - Final
- Tim Woolfield
- Simon Mitchell
- Lee Corrick
- Peter Haynes
- Tracey Simpson
- Rakesh Nauhria
- Rochelle Rees
- Bob Demler
- Virginia Chong
- Keith Scott
- Peter Boys
- Julie Kelleway
- Beverley Roser
- Gayatri Jaduram
- Matthew Goode
- Martin MacKenzie