Vote Joe Carr for Northland Regional Council and Northland District Health Board
Straight up and strong representation on
þ resilient and healthy communities
þ flood protection and river management
þ safer communities & better environment
þ roading – route security SH improvement
þ equity in services
þ all people matter
Re elect Joe Carr for Northland Regional Council
Northland Regional Council is going from strength to strength as a can do council, fronting up to its statutory responsibilities activities and being where it is needed. Flood and risk management, coast and catchment management are NRC core jobs that require a holistic approach and positive policies and actions. It is difficult to be green when you are in the red. The region’s economic base must improve.
Joe Carr for Northland DHB
Like all Northlanders, I value accessible quality health services and a healthy environment. Northland DHB appears competently managed, but struggles to provide a barely adequate health service, especially for aspects of cancer treatment. I believe that NDHB must project itself more forcefully to obtain adequate Government funding and to advance public health matters such as stopping the ongoing sewage pollution in harbours. I think that it is a dangerous precedent to consider using council rates for funding health services that are the responsibility of Government. Present funding for NDHB does not appear to recognise our community’s lower than national average health and income indices and inability to fund personal health insurance cover. The new Board must strongly advocate for further resourcing of our primary health/GP services and must sustain the existing distributed services. I am positive, discerning and act with integrity. My contribution will be worthwhile. All People Matter!
For more information go to http://votejoecarr.weebly.com
Top 5 Issues
- Holistic catchment/environmental management – mountain to the sea. I am currently Northland Regional Council’s spokesman on catchment and river management, which includes flood protection and risk reduction. NRC is in the completion stage of consulting with communities over draft river management plans.
- Common sense approach to planning and regulatory matters. By working close with the community and targeting resources ( eg assisting with fencing and tree planting) the Northland Regional Council is effective at getting landowners to improve land use practices that reduce sediment and nutrients from entering waterways.
- NRC transforming from a ‘regulatory body’ to be a CAN DO council that is there when the community needs it
- Community Resilience. Urging and providing leadership for Northland to develop sustainable energy and fuel sources and distribution. Curreently Northland produces only 5% of the regions electricity requirements.
- Roading improving security of access and standard of roads, especially key strategic state highway links.
Who is Joe Carr? With my wife Kate I own 600 hectares of farm/forestry land in Okaihau and Hokianga. We have four children aged from 10 to 25. I have served 6 years on the Far North District Council and 3 years on the Northland Regional Council. My main achievement at NRC was getting the council to amp up its responsibilities across the region in catchment management and community safety, including developing a flood prevention system of the Whangarei CBD. Improving Northland’s resilience is going to be the major task of the next decade.
Conflicts of Interest
I hereby disclose the following conflict of interest
statement with the Northland District Health Board:
I am a trustee of the Far North Life Education Trust which
provides a personal self esteem and holistic health
education service to children in the Kaipara and Far North
districts. As a member of the Okaihau Lions Club I am
actively involved in fundraising for the Project promise
Cancer ward. I am also seeking re-election to the Northland
Regional Council. NRC responsibilities include advocacy for
the sustainable health and welfare of all Northlanders. I
own and live on a farm in the mid north of the Far North
I am a user of a rural GP services practice that receives
funding from the Northland District Health Board.
Authorised by Dallas Williams of 1185, State Highway 12, RD3, KAIKOHE
Questions answered by Joe Carr
Joe Carr's Reply
Results - Final
- Bill Sanderson
- Pauline Allan-Downs
- John Bain
- Colin Kitchen
- Sally Macauley
- Craig Brown
- Libby Jones
- Ann Court
- Daniel Bolton
- Richard Alspach
- Hiku Cherrington
- Peter Jensen
- Florence Annison
- Kodi Kara
- Joe Carr
- Dave Hookway
- Tom Baker
- Huria Iri
- Don Hedges
- Talia Mana
- Gray Phillips