I ‘am passionate about our Garden City and would like to continue contributing to this wonderful community my family has lived, worked & supported various groups in for over 50 years. With my previous 15 years experience as a Christchurch City Councillor and 12 years as member of the Paparua County & Hornby Community Council, I’m now standing for Community Board to ensure the area keeps it’s own ‘local’ voice. Maintaining basic core services and renewing these are priorities. I believe in sustainable planning for our community so it follows the changing needs of the people that call it home, use it for recreation or make it their place of business.
I support retaining public assets & believe true cost and benefits should always be transparent and revealed to the public. My current community interests include, Patron of the Hornby Domain Bowling Club, Patron Oaklands Sports Club, Board member of the Hornby Workingmen’s Club & M.S.A. and current President of the Christchurch Indian Association. The area of Riccarton and Wigram is what I know best and I’d like to ensure it’s safe and enjoyable for its people and families and help it offer outstanding Civic services & infrastructure that the community will be proud of.
Choose me as the one you vote for this election. With proven Honesty and integrity (awarded Q.S.O. and appointed as a J.P.). I’m always willing to hear your views and answer your questions. Vote for keeping the Community ours to enjoy. Vote for Ishwar Ganda.
Top 5 Issues
- Ensure there is good allocation of funding to Local Community Groups & Organisations in the Riccarton & Wigram Area.
- Support ongoing urban maintainence and renewal programs, and to ensure service and ammenites are kept up to date to serve the changing needs of people in the Riccarton and WIgram area.
- Support the retention of public assets !
- Ensuring the community always has its own "local voice"
- I'am keen and committed to ensure the youth of our community have their ideas and opinions heard.
I have resided in Christchurch since the age of 10 years, and have been in business in the area for over 30 years in addition to my current interests.
- The Royal Commonwelth Society (NZ) Branch
- President, Christchurch Indian Association Inc
- Patron, Oaklands Sports Club
- Board Member, Hornby Workingmens Club & MSA
- Patrom, Hornby Domain Bowling Club
With my past Civic Involvement, the following is just a selection of the committees I had the priviledge of serving on;
- Christchurch Ethnic Council
- Kurashiki Sister City Committee
- Multi Cultural Committee
- Christchurch Beautifying Association
- Board Member, Red Bus Limited
- Trustee of Riccarton Bush Trust
- Deputy Chairperson, ChCh Town Hall Board
- Deputy Chairperson & Trustee of Te Whare Ngakau Trust (10 year Service)
- Chairman, Creative NZ
- Chairman, Metropolitan Funding Committee
I served a total of 27 years in local body affairs and still have a keen interest in seeing that our city is well looked after !
My Past Involvements with community organisations include;
- Past President, Paparua County Chapter of Jaycees
- PTA member, South Hornby Primary School
- Coach, Hornby Premier Mens Hockey Squad
- Past Vice President, Administrator and Coach, Canterbury Hockey Association
- Representative Hockey Player, New Zealand Indian Sports Association
- Representative Hockey Player, Canterbury Hockey
Conflicts of Interest
No Known Conflicts of Interest.
Authorised by Ishwar Ganda Q.S.O. J.P. of 76 Patterson Tce, Halswell, Christchurch 8025
Results - Final
- Jimmy Chen
- Mike Mora
- Peter Laloli
- Sam Johnson
- Ishwar Ganda
- Judy Kirk
- Beth Dunn
- Andrew Tomlin
- Natalie Bryden
- Juliana Venning
- Kamal Ghose
- Peter Yearbury
- Renee Boardman
- Berdie Milner