Rate Freeze Candidate
Greg is a qualified self employed Mechanical Engineer. He has owned Berdeck Village in Wanganui for 20 years. He is married and lives on a rural lifestyle just north of Wanganui.
He believes that Horizons Regional Council has fallen short of the mark and Wanganui has been treated like the poor relation. Rates are too high for what Wanganui gets and it is arrogance to increase them in a time of recession. He is part of a regional group who have a common goal to bring in a rate freeze pegged at no more than the level of the cost of living for the next three years. He wants to limit Horizons activities to its core functions only. He will listen to the people of Wanganui. The recent flood protection work was not democracy in action.
Greg enjoys boating and trail riding. He supports local community groups and rural schools.
Top 5 Issues
- To cap rates at no more that the present rate of inflation.
- To help Horizons regional council engage with the people that employ them at the same level,and to encourage mutually respectful dialog
between all parties
- Try to ensure that Horizons regional council consentrates on core busness only and is delivering cost effective services.
- To ensure that Horizons regional council is accountable for its services and that systems are in place.
- To make sure that texting and side shows don't accure in meetings at all.
People need to know that Horizons regional council has the courtesy to listen and engage.
Authorised by Greg Cox of 152 Taupo Quay Wanganui
Results - Final
- Bob Walker
- Greg Cox
- Brian Doughty
- Ross Mitchell-Anyon
- Shirley McDouall
- Willem (Fred) Frederikse
- Terry O'Connor
- Trevor Stratton