My vision is of Christchurch as a city where all people belong, celebrate its diversity and continually improve its physical and social environments.
I offer a fresh perspective and approach bringing extensive professional experience in international banking, the International Red Cross, community development and in management and governance.
As a married father of two daughters, 3 and 5 years old, I believe in making this city much more responsive to the needs of people and the communities that we all live in.
The way the city spends our ratepayer money is of key concern. I stand for a council that upholds transparency, participation and financial wisdom. My background has given me a finely tuned sense of responsibility when it comes to handling other people's money.
I seek your vote, support and trust to represent our community in the city council. After all, it is our city!
www.hensch.org.nz 355 6393
Top 5 Issues
- Strong and active communities
As your councillor I will work to:
- reverse cuts to community funding
- maintain local libraries, pools and service centres
- support affordable social housing
- A city council that upholds transparency, responsibility and participation.
As your councillor I will support
- open, transparent decision making by the council
- the re-introduction of standing committees
- recording of council meetings
- reducing decisions made behind closed doors.
- A city council that believes in fiscal responsibility and wisdom.
As your councillor I will work to
- avoid borrowing large inter-generational debts
- make sure that council spending is open for public scrutiny and accounted for
- Every resident feels that Christchurch belongs to them.
As your councillor I will :
- take public consultation seriously
- listen and respond to your concerns
I emigrated from Switzerland to New Zealand in 2002. Before that I worked in banking in Switzerland and as manager responsible for finances, human resources and logistics with the International Committee of the Red Cross in numerous Asian and African countries. For the last seven years I have worked with several non profit and community development initiatives in Christchurch and other parts of New Zealand.
I have experience in both management and governance in several community organisations and am currently the manager of a the St Albans Community Centre and Residents’ Association.
Since 2009 I am also on the Board of Directors of Christchurch Small Business Enterprise Center (CSBEC) and am a co-founder of the Pegasus Exchange Ltd.
I am married, and with my wife Atena we have two daughters, 3 and 5 years old and live in St Albans.
Authorised by Alan Liefting of 107 Warrington St, Christchurch
Questions answered by Christoph Hensch
Christoph Hensch's Reply
Results - Final
- Aaron Keown
- Ngaire Button
- Jane Demeter
- Pauline Cotter
- William (Bill) Bush
- Paul Young
- Brad Maxwell
- Christoph Hensch
- Byron Clark