Born in NZ, I completed a degree in Business Management (International Programme - Hons) and at age 37 now have substantial NZ and international business and management experience. I studied in China and speak Chinese, Japanese and some Maori. I currently own and manage a private education business.
I am passionate about Maungakiekie and believe that with a new injection of fresh ideas enthusiasm and determination, we can make our place a world class place to live and work.
I am a people person and will engage positively with all Maungakiekie residents, listen hard and use my many skills to help create the best possible environment for prosperous business and community. Careful financial management will be essential to get the best possible return from limited resources.
We need good public transportation options, better public spaces and greater youth engagement and community envolvement to create a place we can all be really proud of.
Top 5 Issues
- Transportation and movement: Let's strive for bus and train options that really work, and also get the roads right and improve cycling and walking options.
- Economic prosperity and business growth: Economic/business development gives us jobs and choices and makes our area attractive. We must think strategically, build on our strengths and grow the Maungakiekie economy.
- Evironmental protection and enhancement: Let's ensure we have an environment to be proud. That will make us feel good - and encourage us to stay and others to come and further enhance our great place.
- Youth development and engagement: Youth are our future and we need to do the best we can for them and ask also for their contribution.
- Community engagement: listening to and engaging with the community to ensure cultural activities and events are promoted and we have a thriving, engaged and proud Maungakiekie.
I grew up in a family that was engaged on local council, school boards and in so many ways with the community. I am delighted now to have my opportunity to get in and make a difference where I can. Having lived in the Onehunga area now for many years I have come to both love the area and also feel it could be a lot more. I've seen a lot of the world and will be drawing on all the knowledge and experience I have should I be elected as your local board representative. I plan to raise a family in the area and so am keen to see Maungakiekie really progress. My approach will be to look for the best solutions (regardless of politics) -it's got to be about getting the right answers for Maungakiekie, Auckland and all of us. I am practicle and postive in my approach. So join with me and let's do our best for Maungakiekie.
Authorised by Carl Power of 5A Impala Place Hillsborough
Results - Final
- Simon Randall
- Bridget Graham
- Brett Clark
- Debbie Leaver
- Carl Power
- Roshni Golian
- Joseph Rebello
- Kane Te Waaka
- Walter Wi-Peri