I am currently the chairman of the Maungakiekie Community Board and have been for several terms. I have a wide experience and interest in local body government and local issues. I have always taken a very active part in the organisation of many community groups, and now have a deep knowledge of the social infrastructure that makes up the vibrant community of Onehunga. I have a sound historical knowledge of the major issues that have seriously affected our community in the past decade. I feel that this knowledge is a valuable asset to take into the future structure, especially in this time of change.
The Onehunga area is currently facing significant issues that will impact on future generations. Our team will strive to make the new Local Board an important forum for local matters, and will act as strong advocates for the Maungakiekie area. My knowledge of the ward will help reach successful outcomes for our community.
I look forward to working with Brett and Simon as the total team.
Top 5 Issues
- 1. Working through all foreshore issues to reach a successful outcome for the community, including the protection of the Manukau Harbour.
- 2. Improving the traffic issues in Onehunga which may include negotiating a link between State Highway 20 and State Highway 1
- 3. Advocating for future rail links to the airport and to Avondale, and making sure that these are planned for so the community is not compromised.
- 4. Giving real protection to the built and natural heritage of the Maungakiekie area.
- 5. Encouraging the enhancement of the industrial area, and supporting an interfacing zone between this and neighbouring residential areas
Authorised by B.M.Graham of 542 Manukau Road Epsom Auckland
Results - Final
- Simon Randall
- Bridget Graham
- Brett Clark
- Debbie Leaver
- Carl Power
- Roshni Golian
- Joseph Rebello
- Kane Te Waaka
- Walter Wi-Peri