My name is Brett Clark, and I hold the following university & technical qualifications - Bachelor of Education (Teaching). Senior Telephone Technicians Certificate. Telephone Technicians Certificate. (Telecommunications).
I am currently serving on the Maungakiekie Community Board as Deputy Chair.
My wife and I chose to live and raise our children in Onehunga, in the last 25 years they have been educated locally, two of them gaining degrees from AK University while the other currently attends Onehunga High School. After 19 years in Telecommunications I completed a Degree in Education and have taught in two primary schools within the new Local Board area. This local knowledge and community involvement assists me in understanding and working for the benefit of Maungakiekie people.
I am passionate about a quality environment and the way we use it. We are living in a city with a growing population and must balance the desire for growth against the preservation of tree cover and the provision and development of quality green open space.
As I am part of a proven team help me continue to be an effective representative for your community in our part of the new larger city by supporting me, Bridget and Simon of our Maungakiekie Team.
Top 5 Issues
- Investment in quality recreational facilities, both build and green open space, that provide Aucklanders with a variety of opportunities. Upgrading playing surfaces, training lights, and carparks. Ensure parks are good save places to spend recreational time.
- Development of the Manukau foreshore at Onehunga as the iconic gate way to the Auckland Ithmus. Further protection of the Manukau and our two other harbours.
- Getting rail to the airport via Onehunga as soon as practical, ensuring that the Onehunga branch line is well used and its corridor maintained.
- Encouraging the enhancement of the industrial area, while supporting an interface zone between commercial land use and neighbouring residential areas.
- Listening to and then ensuring Maungakiekie people retain their identity, voice and independence in the new larger city. Build team work in the local board so it becomes a strong and vital part of local body decision making.
Authorised by B M Graham of 542 Manukau Road
Results - Final
- Simon Randall
- Bridget Graham
- Brett Clark
- Debbie Leaver
- Carl Power
- Roshni Golian
- Joseph Rebello
- Kane Te Waaka
- Walter Wi-Peri