Mt Eden resident for 30 years. I was a main player in the creation of Kowhia Terrace School and Balmoral as a full primary school. I am directly involved in the restoration of the Mt Eden Methodist Church and the community partnership facility. I am past President of Epsom Rotary Club and a Paul Harris Fellow. I was a delegate for Carlton Rugby. I have three Good Citizen Awards. I am a town planner managing a Resource Management Consultancy Practice. My professional expertise has assisted 'Balmoral Says No' in the McDonalds battle, local businesses and residents on the Dominion Road proposals now and even back in 1991, the original Stokes Road Development and the restoration of Onehunga Bay. This is a critical time for local communities, to have locally focused people with a proven record who will make your community count and who are not politically affiliated. Vote Focus Local.
Top 5 Issues
- The formation of the new Auckland Council ( super city) means there is a need for strong
independent non affiliated people on the local boards, to represent local communities.These
elected people should be local residents.
- There is a need to ensure that there is meaningful
consultation on all major issues that affect local communities and this includes all major issues and projects associated with the Council Control Organisations.(CCO's )especially the Transport CCO.
- The requirement that the Council has to prepare a " spatial plan" will require the Local Board to protect and preserve those qualities and character of the local area especially the heritage and special values of our villages.This is particularly important with any policy or programme associated with accommodating additional growth.
- There is a need to ensure that there is sensible and prudent expenditure of public funds and that there is careful co-ordination of Council projects and work, to reduce undue over spending.
- Greater focus and expenditure should be provided to our iconic volcanic cones and that free public access should be preserved.
Authorised by R.Demler of 27 Mount Pleasant Road,Mt Eden
Results - Final
- Tim Woolfield
- Simon Mitchell
- Lee Corrick
- Peter Haynes
- Tracey Simpson
- Rakesh Nauhria
- Rochelle Rees
- Bob Demler
- Virginia Chong
- Keith Scott
- Peter Boys
- Julie Kelleway
- Beverley Roser
- Gayatri Jaduram
- Matthew Goode
- Martin MacKenzie