In our vibrant and significant region, critical decisions need to be made by Greater Wellington against a backdrop of increasing environmental and financial pressures.
I am able to provide leadership, and contribute problem-solving and facilitation expertise to achieve the best environmental, land management, transport and growth outcomes for the region.
My relevant experience includes:
- Company Director
- Change Leadership Specialist
- Commercial and Environmental Mediator/Facilitator
- Resource Management Lawyer (27 years)
- Regional Council Hearings Commissioner
- Elected Local Authority Member (Harbour Board),
- Community leadership roles (Secondary School Board, Historic Building Restoration, Ratepayer and Residents Assoc)
Bringing experience and drive to the role of Regional Councillor, I will reward your support by contributing in a significant way to the ongoing sustainable management of the region’s natural and economic resources.
Top 5 Issues
- Providing further improvement to public transport services
- Finding a solution to the growing need for further water storage and supply
- Driving a workable, regional strategy for sustainable economic development
- Addressing the increasing demand for dedicated cycle and pedestrian routes
- Managing irrigation development in the Wairarapa
Bill is a Director of Concordia NZ Ltd (www.concordiaworld.com), and is an experienced facilitator with a strong record of results, particularly in health sector, national and local government and electricity generation sectors. His current roles include facilitating large organisational improvement programmes, facilitation, independent investigation and diagnosis of employee engagement and organisational culture. He is a commercial mediator, and is a member of the government mediation panels sfor 'leaky homes' and retirement villages.
Bill was admitted to the Bar in 1980 and was previoussly a barrister working extensively in resource management and environmental law. His experience includes acting for Regional Councils, being a council hearings commissioner, as well as sitting as a harbour board member.
He now works fulltime focused on conflict management and its benefits when applied to management practices, and organisational culture. He has experience at Board level, is a LEADR and Bond University trained mediator, and an Associate member of AMINZ. Bill co-authored the ADR section of Brookers Environmental Handbook, and has spoken regularly at specialist national conferences on a diverse range of topics such as change leadership, business performance, climate change, organisational culture improvement, health and safety performance, conflict management and mediation.
Bill, his wife Lucy and their two adult children all live in Wellington.
Authorised by Bill Rainey of 18 Putnam Street, Northland, Wellington
Questions answered by Bill Rainey
Bill Rainey's Reply
Results - Final
- Fran Wilde
- Chris Laidlaw
- Judith Aitken
- Paul Bruce
- Daran Ponter
- Terry McDavitt
- Dianne Buchan
- Chris Lipscombe
- Sally Baber
- Charles Finny
- Bill Rainey
- Michael Gibson