I seek your support, in allowing me to continue working for a community I am passionate about. I have enjoyed my first term, devoting time without compromise to advocate the community’s best interests on issues affecting safety, health, accessibility, environment, sustainability, growth and prosperity. I have worked with business and service leaders on building effective partnerships, and encouraged community innovation. I am an avid listener, and give priority to residents’ issues. I offer my enthusiasm, experience and skills through the Board to ensure you experience a great and safe lifestyle in our diverse and vibrant community.
Top 5 Issues
- The Mosgiel Swimming Pool - an independent assessment of the overall City’s Aquatic Services and its future provision strategy has been drafted in which the replacement of the Mosgiel Pool is an integral and important part. Work is required in this coming term to adopt this strategy (which I strongly support) and plan its execution without undue delay.
- Riccarton Road and Gordon Road Pedestrian/Traffic /Parking - traffic flow and parking with pedestrian safety are a complex mix with two authorities responsible for overlapping design and meeting stakeholder expectations. SH87 is a vital road to our community and its resources and services. Getting consensus between agencies and sensible decisions are a priority for me to ensure these traffic corridors are safe and efficient for all that use them. I will petition strongly for measures already identified to be implemented without further delay
- Outram’s water systems - I will support initiatives to upgrade water reticulation and establish an efficient wastewater disposal system essential to the community’s growth health and wellbeing.
- East Taieri/Industrial Area - continue petitioning the Regional Council for a drainage network upgrade that will handle catchment area drain off from extreme weather events to lessen the flooding from that which is occurring two to three times a year in the industrial and surrounding areas.
- Mosgiel development - advocate strongly to ensure Mosgiel is a priority; in the City Developmental strategy for future growth with particular emphasis on the Town centre, its land use, amenity, retail and residential interfaces, transportation and service infrastructure.
Life long resident of the Mosgiel area married with three adult daughters and five grandchildren. I value the many volunteers that tirelessly give their time and energies to our community making it the vibrant safe and healthy place we all take pride living in, pledging my active support to the Mosgiel Taieri Community Patrol, Neighbourhood Support Group, Festival of the Plain, Coronation Hall Trust, RSA fundraising Steering Committee and The Mosgiel Business Association.
I offer you my commitment, experience and skill in a positive thinking and approachable manner, to advocate for the best interests of the community.
Authorised by Bill Feather of 1 Brookside Place Mosgiel
Results - Final
- Barry Barbour
- Teresa Christie
- Martin Dillon
- Bill Feather
- Sandra Wilson
- Brian Miller
- Pam Mason